Jesiah505

後輩
8 Apr 2015
Can someone translate this for me I'm trying to order from Japanese Amazon

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150524_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150524_0001.png
    40.3 KB · Views: 100
There's a Translations forum for this kind of request. Either way, the desktop version of amazon.co.jp has an "In English" link in the top header; can't you switch the mobile version to English as well?

There's a Translations forum for this kind of request. Either way, the desktop version of amazon.co.jp has an "In English" link in the top header; can't you switch the mobile version to English as well?
No, but ill swith this to the other forum thanks for telling me I didn't know

I'll post the translation here, maybe a moderator can move the entire thread to the other forum then.
---

Register new foreign address

[ Name: ]

Postal code: [ ]-[ ]
Prefecture: v

[ Address 1: ]
[ Address 2: ]
[ Company name: (optional) ]
[ Phone number: ]

[v] Use same address for billing

At the mobile site, near the bottom of the main page, there's an option to view the full site (last option):

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432523685.992988.jpg

At the top of the full site you can switch the language to English:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432523748.825853.jpg

If you switch, it will stay switched at the mobile version.

Can someone translate this too , when I try to switch it to English right when I go to order it switches back to japanese.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150524_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150524_0002.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 101
The one you outlined in red, 電話番号, is phone number. Is that what you needed?

Edit: wait for someone who knows more than I do to verify that. I could be wrong, I'm just a beginner.

The one you outlined in red, 電話番号, is phone number. Is that what you needed?

Edit: wait for someone who knows more than I do to verify that. I could be wrong, I'm just a beginner.
Yes, thank you very much, when did you start learning Japanese?

Seems
Long enough ago that I'm embarrassed at my slow speed of progress. Total of about 8 months of learning, with breaks.
seems pretty impressive, for what I've saw you do, but that's just me I've been attempting for the last 2 months, and I'm struggling to receive a textbook, ill get there soon though.

Seems
seems pretty impressive, for what I've saw you do, but that's just me I've been attempting for the last 2 months, and I'm struggling to receive a textbook, ill get there soon though.

It's really not, it's just a bit of survival kanji.

There are people who have impressive Japanese on this site, I'm not one, I don't even understand the rudiments of much of what they discuss.

Good luck, study hard.

To find out what the Japanese word for "book" is, you can use a dictionary such as jisho.org or ejje.weblio.jp :)

電話番号 is indeed phone number - it already appeared in the first screenshot.

The yellow button at the bottom (次に進む) says "Next", so I guess there will be more screenshots to come... What is it you're trying to order if I may ask?

Last edited:
To find out what the Japanese word for "book" is, you can use a dictionary such as jisho.org or ejje.weblio.jp :)

電話番号 is indeed phone number - it already appeared in the first screenshot.

The yellow button at the bottom (次に進む) says "Next", so I guess there will be more screenshots to come... What is it you're trying to order if I may ask?
Genki did that sentence that I wrote make sense, or was it messed up.

Genki did that sentence that I wrote make sense, or was it messed up.
I had no idea what you were trying to say. The "nanto iimasuka" completely lost me.

I usually say:

「X は日本語で何ですか」

"X ha nihongo de nan desu ka"

I don't know if it's entirely correct, but it gets the point across: "As for X, using the Japanese language, what is it?" Is how I imagine it translating based on my lessons so far.

Back
Top Bottom