What's new

Am I correct in this sentence?

Ratings
ツ催??ケテ淒ス窶樞?堙個就ツ職窶堋ェ窶愿ッ窶堋オ窶堋ュ窶堙遺?堙≫?堙??堋「窶堙懌?堋キ, 窶堋サ窶堋、窶堋オ窶堙?ス窶樞?堙固スq窶ケナク窶堙娯?督「窶藩??堙可心窶掏窶堋キ窶堙ゥ

(recently it has been difficult to find work for me and I worry for my child's future.)

Thanks and I'm trying to practice my grammar skills. It's quite difficult for me for some reason...

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,537
Just 就職 doesn't work well for "to find work". に can't indicate the object of 心配する.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Alright thanks for the reply, If I may ask how would you say it?
(私は)仕事がなかなか見つかりません。将来子供の就職も心配します。

Ratings
(私は)仕事がなかなか見つかりません。将来子供の就職も心配します。
Thank you. If I may I would like to ask two questions about this. The first part I understand. However about the second one. What does the
の indicate after 子供. Doesn't it mean the children's employment or of such? Also what does the も do after 就職?

Thanks.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Forgive me for answering questions with questions, but what sort of materials have you been using to learn Japanese so far? Both の and も would be covered in the very earliest lessons of any beginner's level textbook.

If you're going to attempt to learn all of Japanese by asking questions about particular sentences, you're essentially going to be asking us to create and type up a textbook just for you when the materials already exist and you should already be using them. The time of forum members is better spent helping people grasp points they have trouble understanding, not typing up individual explanations of each and every particle or grammar point for people seeing it for the first time.

For simplicity's sake, think of the の as being possessive and the も meaning "also".

Ratings
Forgive me for answering questions with questions, but what sort of materials have you been using to learn Japanese so far? Both の and も would be covered in the very earliest lessons of any beginner's level textbook.

If you're going to attempt to learn all of Japanese by asking questions about particular sentences, you're essentially going to be asking us to create and type up a textbook just for you when the materials already exist and you should already be using them. The time of forum members is better spent helping people grasp points they have trouble understanding, not typing up individual explanations of each and every particle or grammar point for people seeing it for the first time.

For simplicity's sake, think of the の as being possessive and the も meaning "also".
Sorry. I guess I just don't understand why 就職 exists in the sentence in the first place when it's already covered in the first part.

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Sorry. I guess I just don't understand why 就職 exists in the sentence in the first place when it's already covered in the first part.
Because there are more aspects of a child's life a parent can worry about than their future employment prospects and using the word adds clarity.

If you're having to ask what の and も mean, you have more important things to worry about than the finer points of the usage of 就職. Get yourself a beginners textbook such as Genki and learn the language in a sensible order.