What's new

A simple site I made to help practice Japanese numbers!

GM-Connor

後輩
17 Oct 2016
こんにちは!

I'm back again with another resource; JapaneseNumbersGame (jpnumgame.com), a site where you can easily practice your numbers. Just released the site today and I wanted to share it with JREF!

JapaneseNumbersGame is absolutely free of course, but there is one ad and you are completely free to block it (no one likes ads, I know). In exchange, it would be a tremendous help for you to leave your feedback on the site, as well as bugs you encounter so the site can improve!

Instructions for the site:
  1. Start by selecting a difficulty mode which determines how large the number you get are.
  2. Click Start
  3. A number will appear. Enter the Japanese equivalent in the text box in either Romaji, Hiragana or Kanji. If you get it right, you will be presented with answer and option to continue to another number. If you get it wrong, you will get one more try before showing you the answer and option to continue to another number.
The rounds don't really serve a purpose, only exist to give it a gamey feel so that it isn't too boring. If you have any questions, I am glad to answer them!

With just a bit more effort you could add counter types and have a little picture of an item so people could practice that.

Numbers are easy, it took me no time to learn them, but counters are still a weak point for me and I think probably others at the beginner level like I am.

I concur with the above. Not just counter words, but also the exceptions that happen when using them: 一人 = いちにん ひとり, 五つ = ごつ いつつ, 20歳 = にじゅうさい はたち and so on.

With just a bit more effort you could add counter types and have a little picture of an item so people could practice that.

Numbers are easy, it took me no time to learn them, but counters are still a weak point for me and I think probably others at the beginner level like I am.
I've actually had several people request this. Once I get the bugs sorted out, this will probably be the first new feature added.

Thank you for your input!

I concur with the above. Not just counter words, but also the exceptions that happen when using them: 一人 = いちにん ひとり, 五つ = ごつ いつつ, 20歳 = にじゅうさい はたち and so on.
Both good ideas. Once I get the bugs sorted out, I will focus on this. Will require time to incorporate all the exceptions, but hopefully it will be complete soon!
Thank you for your input. I appreciate you!

Back
Top Bottom