What's new

A server error occurred

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,537
When I was going to post a reply in a thread in the Conversations section this morning; the following error was displayed.

The following error occurred:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

The same error occurs even now. Are there any reasons of this?

Ratings
I have not noticed this, although I have noticed occasional slow loading (could be on my end, though).

Uncle Frank

SECURITY-you SPAM/we BAN
Staff member
Admin
Ratings
3 483
Sometimes in the past , when we were under attack by robo-spammers , it would slow or jam our server. I think sometimes when they are working on our server it slows things way down. On a rare occasion , too much traffic can crash the server , but these days , that's hard to do. I notice sometimes when Thomas is in the admin section doing something , my JREF speed slows way down. My host company is Time Warner and early in the morning before people go to work and the 3 or 4 hours when people get home from work , the servers seem to run at half speed from user overload.

thomas

Unswerving cyclist
Admin
Ratings
1 762
Thank you, @Toritoribe san! This script logs all server errors. With your time stamp I could narrow it down to your convo. I installed an add-on displaying link titles when posting URls, it sometimes throws errors when including Japanese links. I think that's what happened here.

Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience.

As for being slow: as Frank explained, those could be connectivity issues and bots probing the server. It happens 24/7.

Edit: I have disabled the add-on in question for the time being.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,537
Thank you all for the responses, and sorry for your time and effort, thomas-san. I've posted my reply in the thread now. :)