What's new

A semi-famous Japanese text-based adventure game now in English (and free)

ddblue0

Kouhai
24 Jan 2016
So if I didn't actually know some of the people involved in its making (codename: Fake Social Network), I may never have found this game, but it is definitely related to Japan so I am posting about it here.

The game is called Tokyo 13. It was originally a Japanese game but was recently released in English. In the game you meet people and talk to them and make friends and advance the story, but actually none of the people are real and it's a completely single player game.

I'm not really sure how to explain it, but if you like adventure games or choose-your-own adventure books, you might like this. I attached a screenshot (this is NOT a dialogue with a real person, this dialogue is with an NPC!)

The site pushes the horror aspect of it a lot, but I don't think it's scary really. What I like is talking to the NPCs. Also if you're a crazy person you could play the Japanese version and the English version side by side to practice your Japanese (or English).

Anyway, it is here. The game is free to download and you can play from start to finish without ever buying anything (as far as I can tell).

Tokyo 13 - Can you save your friends?

Attachments

• Tokyo 13 NPC dialogue.jpeg
    Tokyo 13 NPC dialogue.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 622
Back
Top Bottom