What's new

2004 looking for my relatives (old Post)

Shigeo

後輩
10 Aug 2002
Searching For Relatives In Japan

HelloThomas,

My name is Shigeo. I have formed a group in Japan for the purpose of searching for "RELATIVES"
in Japan.
We are a non profit all volunteer group but I work out of Hawaii.
There is no charge for this service.

We have already made one successful search by reuniting a 78 year old woman
in Arkansas USA with her sister in Osaka whom she had not seen or heard from
for more then 36 years.

This group was started in April of 2002.

We are now searching for 10 different individuals in Japan.

We do not search for former "penpals", friends, classmates, or any one
not related by BLOOD.

With much Aloha from Hawaii. Sincerely Shigeo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for my cousin, she used to live near Hiroshima, but now she is living in Nagoya (or near Nagoya at least).
Her single name was Iwamasa Tamami, now she is called Ueda Tamami.
I don't have more details, but if you could help me I would be very grateful.

Hello Kixot

Hello Kixot,

Please e-mail me at ( [email protected] )
with more details.

I will then send you questionaire and information on our group.

With much Aloha from Hawaii... Sincerely Shigeo

help with finding husband's half brother

Hello...I am trying to locate my husband's half brother. His name is Takabu Akamini and he was born in 1951 in Agena, Okinawa to my father in law, David Eugene Lee and Turuko Akamini. My father in law last saw Takabu in 1972 in Naha, Okinawa and at that time Takabu was preparing to go and live in Japan and go to law school. Any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated!

Shigeo,

In searching the internet for information to help me find my mother (Suzuko Noda), I was so happy to come across information about your organization. I think it was a blessing from God to find an organization that exists to help people in my situation.

I am sending this e-mail from Washington, DC (USA). My mother is Japanese and if she is still alive, I believe she lives in Japan. She returned to her birthplace (Fukuoka-Ken, Fukuoka City
Kyushu, Japan) in 1960 leaving behind 4 children (ages 1, 2, 4, and 5). We have not had contact with our mother since her return. I have a great deal of information about her, (i.e., her name, birth date, last know address, etc.,) that I can send you that could be used to locate her.

I hope and pray that your organization can help me in my search.

Shelia

Help to find my mother

I am 20 years old and I don't know what my mother looks like and I don't know what has happened to her since the time my father and her divorced. I don't know much about her and don't know if I have siblings. She is a grandmother and I would like to let her know. I don't know her last address and don't know really if I spell her maiden name right or if it is right since my father has never told me anything about her. I have no knowledge of her except that she gave birth to me and divorced my father when I was 3 yrs. old. I suspect that she was in Sasebo, Japan at one point in time since that is where I was born. Also her name is Tomomi Funakoshi; that was on the divorce paper. She married my father who was in the Navy at the time. that was in 1983. I'm a desperate young person who is trying to complete what is missing in her life and to go on knowing that I have found a big chunk of my family. Please help.

Dear Shigeo,
Please can you help me find my brother...he was in the American Marines, but based in Japan....my mother who is English is very desperate to find him as we have not seen or heard from him for over 10 years, for me it has been alot longer.His name is Martin Dale Keck, and we think he was last seen in Yohohama, as when my father was alive he went to High school there...I would be very greatfull for any imformation you can find.....Thank you very much....cheryl

Dear Shigeo,

My mother has moved from Japan 20 something years ago. I am trying to get in touch with her family there. I do not know much about my family there. I will try to get more information, but for now all I have is my mom maiden name. Shinobu Tarusta or Trusta. Her married name is Shinobu Walters or Shinobu Koritko married to Thomas D. Koritko Jr.

I wanted to post the latest information on my search for my mother. I窶况e received some disturbing news regarding my mother, and I窶冦 not sure what next step I should take, if any. I窶冤l bring you up to speed with where things are and ask that you let me know anyway that you think you can help me.

About 2 weeks ago the American Consulate Fukuoka asked the Citizens Section of the Hakata Ward Office to help me locate my mother. This is the response that I received from the American Consulate regarding their request:

Dear Ms. Shelia A. Walker:

Thank you for your e-mail dated February 18 addressed to the American Consulate-General Osaka-Kobe. Osaka-Kobe forwarded the e-mail to the American Consulate Fukuoka for reply since your mother's last known address is located in our consular district. The Consulate does not normally get involved in searches for persons who were last seen such a very long time ago. Having said that, we made some effort to try to locate your mother, Ms. Suzuko Noda.

The following describes what we did to try to locate your mother:

1. We tried to get telephone numbers of Ms. Suzuko Noda or Ms. Tsutomu Noda with the given address (Chiyo, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka) and found that no telephone numbers are registered under these names. We even called several persons with the family name of "NODA" living in Chiyo, Hakata-ku, but we were not successful.

2. We called the Citizens Section of the Hakata Ward Office. A clerk of the section, kindly searched the office's records and found a person named "Suzuko Noda", who shows the same place of birth but a slightly different date of birth (only the year matched). The record also shows she was married to a U.S. citizen named Henry Mahoney (not James H. Mahoney). The ward office thinks that this is probably your mother's record, but since the birthdate was wrong, he will not release any information on this person's whereabouts and on whether or not they are still alive.

However, before he can release any further information, he wants you to find out Ms. Suzuko Noda's parents' names (preferably in "Kanji" 窶鼎hinese characters) and any other information on her relatives other than her brother, Mr. Tsutomu Noda. It would be best for you to call him directly and to convey this information yourself. However, if you provide us with new information (see our fax number below if you need to fax any Kanji character information), we will try one more time to convince him to release information.

If possible, please contact the Hakata Ward Office directly to provide them with the required information. By doing so, there is a chance for you to obtain the certified copy of this person's family register, which shows her present status and address.

The Citizens Section ("SHIMIN-KA")
Hakata Ward Office
2-9-3 Hakataekimae
Hakata-ku
Fukuoka, Japan 812-8512

The disturbing new is that after I called the Hakata Ward Office I was informed that since I don窶冲 have the correct birth date and can窶冲 give them her parents names they will not release the records. But I was informed later from the American Consulate that the Hakata Ward Office told them that 窶廬F THEY HAVE THE RECORDS FOR THE PERSON THAT I窶儁 LOOKING FOR窶 that she died in 1977, which would mean that she died at the age of 55. But I still can窶冲 get them to release the family records to me. I窶况e been trying to get the correct birthdate to give to them to see if they will release the records to me but I窶冦 having a very hard time here from the US.

I窶况e decided not to give up completely and to try to find out if my mother has any living relatives so that I can at least try to find them and find out about my Japanese heritage. If you can help me to get her birth certificate or death certificate I would then have the information I need to ask for the family records.

im here

i sent you message, look no futher for i have found you .......neil'e

nadia its me ,i found this post on the web ,,,faith is a mysteriuos force......
neil'e

Shigeo,

I'm not sure if you're still doing this...here is my situation. My wife is searching for her brother, Jim Wolfe, who was last seen in Tokyo somewhere around 1992. His former wife and children there have no idea where he disappeared to. We are in touch with a daughter who immigrated to America in the 1960's. We are not sure whether he is even still living, or if so, in Japan or wherever. We are not sure where to start searching for him. Perhaps if he left the country, one of the consulates might have some record of it. Anyway, thanks for listening. I appreciate your efforts to reunite folks with their families. Jim has not been heard from by his mom and sister since 1968.

Jeff Plissner

Searching for family in Okinawa- possibly Urasoe City

Greetings,
My name is Vikki, and I am searching for family in Okinawa. My mother Chiyo Shingaki was born in Okinawa Japan in 1940. My father was in the military, and he and my mother married in the 60's. In Okinawa they had my sister Brenda. My father's name is Emory Bishop. My mother's father died when she was 5, and her mother died when she was 15. She was close to her aunt, who's name is Yoshi Shingaki. My mother and her aunt eventually lost contact in the early 80's. My mom had three girls total including me, and her and my father divorced in the late 80's. My mom died of cancer in 1992, and her wish was to find any family she had. I don't know if her Aunt is still living, and I don't have a lot of information. I know she did have at least one brother. On an old envelope I have Yoshi's address as 2274 Gusukuma, Urasoe City, Okinawa Japan 901-21.
I recently sent a letter to that address but it was returned unopened, marked unknown. I would be so happy to know of any family. Please help if possible.

Hello Vikki

tiptvt1 said:
Greetings,
My name is Vikki, and I am searching for family in Okinawa. My mother Chiyo Shingaki was born in Okinawa Japan in 1940. My father was in the military, and he and my mother married in the 60's. In Okinawa they had my sister Brenda. My father's name is Emory Bishop. My mother's father died when she was 5, and her mother died when she was 15. She was close to her aunt, who's name is Yoshi Shingaki. My mother and her aunt eventually lost contact in the early 80's. My mom had three girls total including me, and her and my father divorced in the late 80's. My mom died of cancer in 1992, and her wish was to find any family she had. I don't know if her Aunt is still living, and I don't have a lot of information. I know she did have at least one brother. On an old envelope I have Yoshi's address as 2274 Gusukuma, Urasoe City, Okinawa Japan 901-21.
I recently sent a letter to that address but it was returned unopened, marked unknown. I would be so happy to know of any family. Please help if possible.

Hello Vikki,

Please e-mail me with more information at:

([email protected])------Sincerely Shigeo

Looking for birth mother Sumako Kawatatsu

I have tried to find my birth mother several times and have run into a dead end. I'm not very good at using the internet for this. I was adopted by an American serviceman and his wife in March of 1957. I have a copy of my census register with some good information on it. Is this something that you can help me with? If you can, I'll be glad to send you all the information I have. Thank you for considering this.

Chisato K

Looking for biological and estranged father, Koichi Tamada

Hello, everyone. I'm here to find my biological father who lives in Japan, last I heard.

My father and I had a very short lived relationship when I found him in 1995. I was 15 and had never spoken to him before. The relationship we tried to build fell apart after 2 years, and I still don't know why. He stopped returning my calls or answering my letters. It's been about 7 years now, and it's taken me about 5 of those years to want to get in contact with him again. How do I go about asking for assistance? I have his last known address, his full name, his date of birth.

I don't want to sound like a child, but I would like to find my father.

Searching For Kaneo Domon

I am searching for my father Kaneo Domon, whom I lost contact with when I was a child. My birth name is Tomatsu Domon and I am 30 now.
He will be 62 now, and is and engineer(electrical I think). I lived in the Tokyo area, but was born in Yamagata.

searching for my kids, Kento and Teddy,

Hello all,
could any one assist me to locate or find or link me with my children Kento and Teddy. Their mother's name is Yuriko hara from Oyama in Tochigi ken.
Yuriko hara and the children Kento and Teddy used to live in Nishi ogikubo in Tokyo. Possibly she added her last name Hara to the children's names.

I am a Nigerian. I now living in london. I lived in japan a few years before I relocated to UK

I will apprecate if any one could also link me with any agency that track down people in japan. I am ready to pay a fee if that is what it requires.
my email is [email protected]

Thanks Tenny

Please help find my son Kento Hara & Teddy Hara

Looking for Kento Hara & Teddy Hara
could any one assist me to locate or find or link me with my children Kento and Teddy. Their mother's name is Yuriko hara from Oyama in Tochigi ken.
Yuriko hara and the children Kento and Teddy used to live in Nishi ogikubo in Tokyo. Possibly she added her last name Hara to the children's names.
It is possible they are still in tokyo.
I'm a Nigerian but I live in London now.
I will apprecate if any one could also link me with any agency that track down people in japan. I am ready to pay a fee if that is what it requires.
my email is [email protected]

Thanks Tenny Lawani

Words of encouragement for those looking for relativesツ….

My search for my mother is over!!! As I mentioned in my previous posting, I found out that my mother died in 1977, but recently I was able to obtain her Koseki Tohon from the Hakata Ward office.

When I received the Koseki in the mail I cried like a new born baby, I was so happy!!! The people at the ward office were extremely helpful to me. Not only did they send me my mother's Koseki, but they also sent me the Koseki for each living relative and provided notes for me in English to help me understand the information. It turns out that I have an uncle that lives in Nagazumi and one in Yoshizuka. I have written them both a letter to see if they are interested in communicating with me.

Soツ….. I hope my story has encouraged someone to KEEP LOOK for their loved one or loves ones!!!!!!

Search canceled

Hi,
I'm new to these forums and would like to cancel this thread and think I should post under the Japan people search.
I DONT KNOW HOW TO DELETE THIS.
Thanks,
jmatsue

Last edited:
looking for Aunt and Uncle in Tokyo

Hello everyone,

My name is Julian Tudor and live in Seattle, Washington.

I am trying to locate my mother's older brother and younger sister in Japan. My mother's name is Chieko Takizawa, and she was born in Shibuya, Tokyo on August 15, 1933. During World War II her family was separated and she was only able to reunite with her older sister soon after the war. Her older sister's name is Teiko Takizawa and her birthdate is June 24th, 1930.

My mother's older brother's name is Ichiro Takizawa and she remembers him being 5-6 years older than herself, and her younger sister was 3 years younger than her but she doesn't remember her given name.

Their parents lived in Shibuya but perished during the war. Their father's name was Yasuji Takizawa, and their mother's name was Teru Yonezu.

Both my mother Chieko and aunt Teiko are still alive; my mother lives in Seattle and my aunt lives in Setagayaku, Tokyo.

Any help from anyone who can help us find their missing brother and sister would be greatly appreciated.

Julian Tudor

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom