What's new

2 things im stuck on

Ratings
~派 means "school" (of thought), and is widely applied when setting up "sides" of an argument. e.g. for 卵焼き you have 甘い派 vs. 塩っぱい派

For 理性派 the opposite seems to be 感性派 (rational vs. emotional?)

2. Which bit are you stuck on? 走り needs context, but could literally be "running", as in, he's good at/a gifted runner.

本人 means "the person himself", usually the subject of a conversation already brought up.
本人から聞いたよ = I heard from him/her directly (about himself/herself) (i.e. not from a third party).
本人は否定しています = He/she (the person against whom some allegation was made) is denying it.
ご本人の確認が必要な取引
(transactions for which proof of identity is required - e.g. 本人 = the owner of a bank account, for example)

理性派として名高い he is famous for his rational thinking
is that correct?
For 2. it is talking about car racing so 走り could be racer/driver/match or something?

Ratings
Yes, something along those lines. Somebody who is known for being logical/rational or who works on reason rather than emotion/instinct/intuition.

走り can be used to talk about driving, yes. 走りがいい is often used to describe cars (e.g. handles well, "drives well"), but I think you can also use it to talk about a driver (particularly if it's racing)