What's new

11 Spots You Need to Visit as a Photographer in Tokyo

interesting, I half expected it would be places to take photos, but this is quite interesting indeed!

Nice article, quite interesting !

In west Shinjuku, next to the Four Galleries (listed 7), there is a lot of small second-hand camera shops (really close to Yodobashi). You can find many choices in film camera or digital. If you're lucky, you can find stuffs cheaper than on the internet. The most famous one is MapCamera and they sell online too (delivery only in Japan, but if you're on vacation for a couple of weeks, that can be helpful: マップカメラ|日本最大級のカメラ総合サイト(中古販売・買取)).

Map Camera looks like great fun, and I'll be sure to plan some time there next time I'm in tokyo!

Earlier this month I happened to ask at a local Kitamura Camera store--I was looking for a cable release. To make sure it fit the fuijifilm (FF) camera I had, the clerk & I took it to some *** that were on display and checked it there. It worked, I bought it.

But there are on the shelf were these top-end *** that I had been lusting for, and they were a couple thou cheaper than the lowest prices I'd seen online or otherwise. They in fact matched the price that FF gives to their employees (one of our kids works there, and had sent me a FF "mall" quote) (and all this is tax included).

I asked if they'd take a trade-in, they said yes, I immediately went home and brought my not quite two-month old X-E2 body in. I liked their offer/assessment on that, so I ordered & waited for a new body (kept the kit lens from the earlier buy).

So I got an X-T2 body (worked out to ¥159,000), slightly less than Map is asking for that, and was able to keep the 18-55mm kit lens in the bargain. (I know, a humble brag...!)

It may sound odd, but tree trunks are my next goal/project. In many cases mossy tree trunks. This is an early idea on that, from two years ago:
trunk:stump - kyoto.jpg

Stay tuned.

Yes, very detailed, still up to date !

So I got an X-T2 body (worked out to ¥159,000), slightly less than Map is asking for that, and was able to keep the 18-55mm kit lens in the bargain. (I know, a humble brag...!)

Nice catch. X-T2 is a really nice camera, you'll have fun with it. Good luck with your project !

Back
Top Bottom