What's new

ニ致ニ竪ニ停?ケニ暖ニ椎?ニ坦窶堙個人

NeXuS787

Registered
Greetings from Puerto Rico,

Will live in Japan for a year with my wife since September, working hard to learn Japanese and get a factory kind of job in Osaka.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Mikawa Ossan

気づいたらカッパだ
Ratings
Welcome to Jref!

This may sound strange, but you might want to consider finding some time to learn a little Portuguese. When I lived in Japan, there were a lot of Brazilians working in the local factories outside Nagoya.

Any idea where you'll be living?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
プエルトリコの人

Lots of Peruvians, too, so Spanish is handy.

Check with the "Hello Work!" office in whatever area you'll be living in. Also known as the 職業安定所 (Shokugyou Anteijo), or 職安 (Shokuan) for short.

Under what sort of visa will you be here?

NeXuS787

Registered
Welcome to Jref!

This may sound strange, but you might want to consider finding some time to learn a little Portuguese. When I lived in Japan, there were a lot of Brazilians working in the local factories outside Nagoya.

Any idea where you'll be living?
Seriously? Well Portuguese should be easy since I know Spanish and normally we can mostly understand them.

I will be living in Osaka, Matsubara-chi which is pretty far from Nagoya, like going to Toba probably.

Still, is a positive information that I did not expected, thank you.

Lots of Peruvians, too, so Spanish is handy.

Check with the "Hello Work!" office in whatever area you'll be living in. Also known as the 職業安定所 (Shokugyou Anteijo), or 職安 (Shokuan) for short.

Under what sort of visa will you be here?
Spanish is my native language :)
Yes my wife talked to me about Hello Work. I will be under a spouse visa which unlike the working visa, have no limits on how many times I switch jobs or the company I work for.

Thanks a lot.

NeXuS787

Registered
Greetings to everyone, I ended up working with my wife since one day after I arrived as a graphic designer and webmaster of belts and golf gear brand. I would call it a lucky shot because I don't know much Japanese, only hiragana and katakana reading, most products name are in katakana so is a piece of cake making catalogs and managing the website. I do some housekeeping when there's nothing to do. Also the workplace is just about 3 minutes by bicycle from home. Seriously cannot ask for more until we move to Puerto Rico.