What's new

~を~に ・ ~ていく ・ ~ておく ・ ~てもらう

raikado

先輩
29 Oct 2012
Hello,

1) 冒険に出発、あるいはAIを相手に練習できる。
同等の腕前のプレイヤーを相手に対戦だ。
These are all explanations of some game's modes(When I hover my mouse over that button these explanations appear).
In the first sentence, AIを相手に is the short version of AIを相手にして, right?
What about the second one though? プレイヤーを相手にして対戦だ doesn't make sense to me. So is it actually the short form of プレイヤーを相手にする対戦だ?

So, as a general rule for these ~を~に constructions, the omitted する can actually be する, して, etc. depending by case?

2) ジェットコースターがガタンガタンと少しずつ高いところに上がっていくマンガで見る|基本スキット|第23課
How is ~ていく used here? I think it's used to show that the action happens gradually over some length of time, and NOT to show that the ジェットコースター is moving away from the speaker.

3) あさぎ:今日はなに?なんか用事?
よつば:ふーかにひとこと言っておくことがある!
Context: ふうか goes to よつば's house and draws with her. The next day, よつば wakes up, sees that ふうか made a nice drawing of よつば, so よつば thinks she should go to her house and thank her. When she arrives at ふうか's house, ふうか's sister (あさぎ) is the one who answers the doorbell.

a) I don't understand which verb ひとこと modifies. If it's like [ふーかにひとこと言っておく] ことがある!then it doesn't make much sense. ふーかにひとこと言っておくことがある!(ひとこと is an adverb for ことがある) makes sense logically but seems weird.
b) ~ておく is used with this meaning "to do something previously and keep the state" ("to let her know"), and NOT "to do...in advance", right?

4) 風香:これお隣に渡して書いてもらえばいいのよ
母さん:…じゃあ やっといて
(風香 talking with her mother about some papers that they should get to よつば's house)
I think this やっといて is more like "Do it in advance!" as in "Do it now instead of waiting until the last possible second!". Is this right?

5) これは、「拍子木」って言いまして、火の用心の火の始末をちゃんとしてもらうっていう、気をつけてもらうっていうことで、これ、用心のためにたたきます。
動画の再生|やってみよう|第22課 (it's around the beginning, after the intro. When the officer starts to explain what those 拍子木 are for.)
a) Firstly, is で in っていうことで the conjunctive -te form "and"?
b) Are the two ~てもらう used with this meaning 依頼してある行為をさせる?(10㋐ もらう【貰う】の意味 - 国語辞書 - goo辞書)

1)
対戦だ works like a verb "(これから)対戦するぞ/戦うぞ" there, so those two sentences have the same structure.

2)
Right.

3a)
ひとこと言っておくことがある = 言っておくことがひとことある
ひとつやりたいことがある = やりたいことがひとつある
テーブルの上に一本バナナがある = テーブルの上にバナナが一本ある
クラスに一人留学生がいる = クラスに留学生が一人いる

ひとこと modifies ある.

3b) 4)
My interpretation is "do in advance (for the sake of the future)".

5a)
で indicates the purpose of たたきます.

気をつけてもらうという目的/理由でたたきます

b)
Yes, but it also has a nuance that 火の始末をちゃんとする、気をつける is of benefit to us/neighbors.

Thank you! A few more questions about 3 and 5.

3) Just to check, ふーかに modifies 言っておく?
5) Does 火の用心の modify 火の始末? For some reason 火の用心の火の始末 sounds a bit weird.

(「火の用心」)の(火の始末をちゃんとしてもらうこと)

The key is being aware that 火の用心 is what the people banging the sticks together call out as they do it. The call has the effect of causing people to do 日の後始末.

Back
Top Bottom