What's new

~がいい ・ ~ても ・ ~てくる

raikado

先輩
29 Oct 2012
Hello,

1) 船長は皆に宝を残してくれた。さあ、遠慮なく使うがいい
What is the meaning of this ~がいい? I read the explanation here がいいの類語・シソーラス - 類語辞書 - goo辞書 ([2]), but it doesn't feel like either of these 放任・非難・軽蔑 because it has さあ before it.
I think he is saying さあ、遠慮なく使え! while also saying "using it is the best choice".

2) The next questions are from that explanation of ~がいい.
ところが、「がいい」は自分自身のことには使えず、相手に対しても提案というより、どうとでも勝手にしろといった放任・非難・軽蔑(けいべつ)などの気持ちをぶつけることになり、使用範囲が限られてくる

a) In 相手に対しても, is も "also/too"? ("Towards 相手 as well/too...")

b) What does ~てくる in 使用範囲が限られてくる show? I think it indicates the direction of the action ("towards us" OR "to us").

If you know what's good for you, you'll xxx.

Closer to a threat than a suggestion.

2) a)
相手に対して使う場合でも, i.e., it's more likely "even".

b)
I think it's just 状況変化. 相手に対して使う場合でも(それ以外の用法に比べて)範囲が限られてくる.

2) Is it the same kind of 状況変化 as in "雨が降ってきた" or "風が吹いてきた"?

Not really. Those are more likely 発生. It expresses the difference between 相手に対して使う場合 and それ以外の用法.

Thank you! I think I understand the meaning, but I can't tell if this meaning is derived from one I already know or not. Does any of the following meanings fit or should I consider this a new meaning?

(補助動詞) 動詞の連用形またはこれに「て(で)」の付いた形に付いて,動作が進行し,また,事態が推移する意を表す。

話し手の方へ向かって動作が行われ,その話し手の方へ近づく意を表す。 「少年がこっちへ走ってた」 「蜂が飛んでた」

(すぐに現在地に戻ることを前提にして)別の場所へ行って動作を行う意と,現在地に至る前に別の場所である動作を完了・実現した意を表す。 「台所で変な音がしたからちょっと見てくるよ」 「うちへ帰ってカバンを置いてます」 「出るとき玄関の鍵はきちんと掛けてたはずです」 「いけない,大事な書類をうちに忘れてた」

ある事態が出現し,またある現象が現れる意を表す。 「生まれてくる子供のために」 「なくした本が出てた」

動作が継続・反復されて現在に至るまで続く意を表す。 「生まれてからずうっとこの村で暮らしてた」 「いつも,ひとに迷惑をかけるな,といってたはずだ」

事態が進行してある段階に至る意を表す。 「眠くなってた」 「沖へより潮満ちらし/万葉集 3642」
来る(キタル)とは - コトバンク

The closest one would be ある事態が出現し,またある現象が現れる意を表す。

Ahh, I see. Thank you! That's the one I was thinking about when I asked if it is like 雨が降ってきた, but I see now that the definition covers more than just one meaning.

Back
Top Bottom