What's new

遠距離用 Long Distance Deviation Board - Translation check

今日は!,
I am lucky enough to not only have a 遠距離用 Long Distance Deviation Board but also the manual that details their use - 他兵射擊教範 Artillery Firing Range Manual.
I have translated the captions for the parts of the 遠距離用 from a diagram in the manual. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could be kind enough to double check these for me. I have bound to have missed something and made some errors.

指標板托板 Target Intermediation slide
方眼板 Grid plate
甲偏差尺托匡 Correct shell deviation scale
指標板 Index board
観目距離對應目盛 Correct observed rangefinder/distance scale
偏差尺 Deviation scale
観目距離目盛 observed distance scale
匡托尺差偏乙 Correct distance scale B
線圖板 Line chart board
指標板托板 Target Intermediation slide
指標板 Plate indicating target.

よろしくお願いします,
Robert

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,537

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,537
I see. Then, 匡 is used as an abbreviated form of 筐 there, meaning "box" or "box shaped thing".

The reading direction should be from right to left in the horizontal writing style, as I pointed out. See that 乙偏差尺托匡 is a pair with 甲偏差尺托匡. 甲 and 乙 refers to first and second, respectively, as in your translation "B".

I just realized that the three lines in the bottom left indicate the artillery battery, the target, and both the observation post represented by the black triangle and labeled 甲 and the auxiliary observation post represented by a blank triangle and labeled 乙.

So 甲 refers to the Observation Post and 乙 refers to the Auxiliary Observation Post.

Thank you very much Toritoribe for your invaluable help. It is very much appreciated.
あなたに非常に感謝
Robert