What's new

letianchen

先輩
17 Jun 2013
あながち間違いではないと思いますが、結婚なんてそれ ぞれの価値観でしかないと思います。ただその価値観を 他人にどうこう言われる筋はないと思います。
縁あって結婚することができたんだから恋人の一つや二 つの欠点ぐらい許せるでしょう。逆に治してあげたいと 思ってる人もいるし、そこが可愛いなと思ってる人だっ ています。みんな違ってみんないいんですから。

hello i was just reading some stuff across the internet and someone posted this, was wondering what this word meant here 筋? the dictionary gives lots of definitions and to be honest i dont think ive ever seen this word, or if i have i probably forgot. Than k you.

すじ【筋】
II
3 〔道理〕reason; logic
筋を通す
stick to one's principles
筋が通った話なら聞きましょう
I will listen to reason./I will listen to what you have to say if it is reasonable.
君の言うことは筋が通らないよ
What you say 「isn't logical [doesn't make sense/doesn't hold water].
すじ【筋】の英語・英訳 - 和英辞書 - goo辞書

That's the same meaning as 筋合い there.

すじあい【筋合い】
〔道理〕(a) reason; 〔権利〕(a) right
僕が彼のすることにとやかく言うべき筋合いではない
I have no right to meddle in his affairs.
そんな質問に答える筋合はない
There is no reason why I should answer such a question.
すじあい【筋合い】の英語・英訳 - 和英辞書 - goo辞書

Hi, didnt want to start a new thread as this is pretty minor but can someone tell me what the guy says at 6:14? 現在、~~~中

when i sound it out it sounds like theres a ふうくう but yeah i cant find any words ive been trying variations of what ive been hearing. the translation put was "serving time"

sorry thats embarrasing i forgot the link.

And yes thanks, that paragraph makes sense to me now, I should have said that earlier

EDIT:

Is it possible he said 不公平中だね? I listened to it like 10 times and it kind of does sound like this. To be honest though I dont really hear the へい part if it is this.

thanks, that makes alot more sense 🙂 When i hear them saying it, they seemed to stress on the first u sound , so i assumed it would be a word with two u's like fuu~~. Is that just because of the fact that the fact the person is serving time is surprising?

I don't think so. You can't hear any significant difference between the two men, i.e., between the one who is surprised and the one who isn't, right?

To be honest if i had known that word before I probably would have recognized it when i heard it, after hearing it several times i think its imprinted into my head now. I guess I can keep asking listening questions here?
heres the video

自殺,辞書には「自ら命を断つこと」 という意味で記載されている
おそらく僕が試みることは一生ない行為だ(Ive seen this 行為 alot and it s the only thing that seems to make sense here, but no matter how many times i hear it it sounds like 恋, am i hearing wrong or when you speak fast in japanese thats how it sounds, and the only way to eliminate 恋 would be from context?)
それは道徳的観念ではなく,もっと根本的理由に起因しているのだが

Is the word in the red correct? I havent come across this word ever but it seems to sound right and fit the context. However I had a question, when they pronounce it, its pronounce with the ki then the in sound. It seems like its two syllables ki + in, any reason why? This might be really ambiguous but is it always pronounced like this rather than one syllable on kiin. Like if you listen closely you can see after he says the ki part he pauses a little and says the in part. Idk seems kind of weird to me, does this pronounciation differ by person?

委員
議員
死因
寺院
会員
来院
離院

Etc etc etc

now that i think about it, it does make sense lol just like I remember back when in my old textbook they pronounced 病院 in a similar fashion. How about 行為 then? Am i just missing the u sound becasue they say it so fast? It sounds a tad bit like koi to me.

It is written う....that doesn't necessarily mean it is pronounced う.

Ok. So I should deduce what it is from experience and logic/context? For example if you did not not listen to the words before or after it in the video, does it sound like 行為 to you?

Thanks for your response!

We can't see the video in Japan.

You need to distinguish the difference between 行為 and 恋. The former is pronounced as a long vowel "ō", whereas the latter is "o" (three morae "kōi" vs two morae "koi"). These are completely different.

Last edited:
Can you see this video?

Also I watched another video where a person said koi and compared it here and it sounds very similar but I think I can subtly make out a difference, but im not sure whether its subconscious or not :/, they-sound pretty similar to mee.

No. The same error message この動画はお住まいの地域ではご利用いただけません。 "This video is not available in your country." is displayed.

The key is the length of the vowel. The number of mora is quite important in Japanese.

Compare:

おと
おっと
おとう
おうと

Would you catch the difference between those?

I think I know what you're hearing. It isn't quite a pause but because the way the word is split up it is more き・いん than an elongated きーん

Compare:

おと
おっと
おとう
おうと

Would you catch the difference between those?

To be honest I dont know. But I hear those words so much when i watch stuff my brain immediately knows which one is which. But for words that im unfamiliar with that doesent happen. In other words if I didnt know the meanings and contexts of those words then proably know they would sound the same to me :/, I dont know how to fix this though. I dont really know any japanese people and Ive never been to japan. For example in the question I asked earlier 服役 sounded like gibberish before I know what the actual word was, but now that I know the word I can actually hear it when i watch the video. I guess i just dont know enough vocabulary

@nejikota

Yeah thats what I mean, this actually helped me find a word they said later in the anime 敬意 they ypronounced it in a similar sort of fashion

敬意 is pronounced more likely as けーい "kēi" than けいい "keii", so it's a bit different from きいん "kiin" vs きーん "kīn". 経路 けーろ "kēro" vs 毛色 けいろ "keiro", for instance, is a better example. (Note that 経路 can be also pronounced as "keiro", whereas 毛色 is never be "kēro".)

Is there a website where I can hear pronunciation of japanese words by a native speaker, which are similar in spelling? I will probably understand these distinctions if I hear them.

Back
Top Bottom