What's new

日本語で「I mean」どうやって言いますか?

Umm, I would say it as:
その花のつもりです。
or
その花は、本気だよ。

Did you see somewhere 本気だよ translated as "I mean it" ?

Your sentence would actually mean, "That flower is serious" (as in "That flower ain't foolin', dood!")

Did you see somewhere 本気だよ translated as "I mean it" ?

Your sentence would actually mean, "That flower is serious" (as in "That flower ain't foolin', dood!")

Yes, sort of..
I once read 本気っていってにも?& the reply 本気だよ in a graded reader, so I thought it might work but.. I was wrong.

Yes, sort of..
I once read 本気っていってにも?& the reply 本気だよ in a graded reader, so I thought it might work but.. I was wrong.

Well, you found out and all's well that ends well.

What grade was the reader? Was it perhaps not just a bit higher than would have been appropriate? (I have to ask because your posts in the "my stories" thread made it appear...at least...that you didn't notice some very basic errors and may be getting too far out ahead of yourself in places).

Well, you found out and all's well that ends well.

What grade was the reader? Was it perhaps not just a bit higher than would have been appropriate? (I have to ask because your posts in the "my stories" thread made it appear...at least...that you didn't notice some very basic errors and may be getting too far out ahead of yourself in places).

Umm, in the last 6 months I crammed grammar upto N3 so the graded reader should be around that(I don't exactly remember the grade number). Yes, you are right I should have noticed those errors right away..

I did some workbooks too, still I don't have much confidence in my grammar. After joining on this forum, I have a strong feeling that these concepts are not yet cemented well in my memory and I need to practice more before moving on.

Apropos of nothing and I'm sure this isn't what the OP meant, because you wouldn't normally say "I mean those flowers" as a standalone sentence, I can't help but mentally read it as:

<catty mode>"Gawd, her wedding was so tacky. I mean, those flowers."</catty mode>

Yeah, my answer was for a situation, for instance "I want to know the name of the flowers. I mean those flowers (with pointing out them)."

Yeah, my answer was for a situation, for instance "I want to know the name of the flowers. I mean those flowers (with pointing out them)."
Ah, that what's I need. ありがとうございました。あのう、すみません日本語で 、「Ah, that what's I need」の言い方を教えていただきたいんですが・・・So rry, for being annoying~~~

I would say それです。 / それが知りたかったんです。 in that case. The verb differs depending on the context.

Back
Top Bottom