What's new

のの, a misprint or intentional?

Ratings
Context: a typical high-school debate on what to do for an upcoming 文化祭. A guy suggest staging a play, then explains why: 一回、ああいうのの脚本とか演出とかしてみたくってさ。

Googling for "ああいうのの" returned more examples where のの seems intentional. Could someone please explain the reason behind double の?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
The first one is a nominalizer. It serves almost as a pronoun for "play" here. Substitute 劇 and see how easy it becomes to understand.

Ratings
Now it makes perfect sense. Would some nuance be lost if i paraphrase it as ああいうことの脚本... ?

Mike Cash

骨も命も皆此の土地に埋めよう
Ratings
Now it makes perfect sense. Would some nuance be lost if i paraphrase it as ああいうことの脚本... ?
I would expect 物 instead, but I am just making assumptions as I have no way of knowing what ああいう refers to with certainty. It seems to me to be referring to "play". What's the preceding bit?

Ratings
○○: 「出し物さ、演劇にしない?」
××: 「演劇?」
△△: 「何でお前が?」
○○: 「一回、ああいうのの脚本とか演出とかしてみたくってさ。」

Right, i guess you would expect 物 instead. Perhaps i should too.

Ratings
Since ○○ states that he wants to write a script for something and direct something, i guess that something is 演劇 (noun) not 演劇をする (verb). That's why i think もの is also appropriate here.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,539
In the phrase ああいう演劇, ああいう refers to the contents of 演劇 (e.g. ロミオとジュリエットみたいな悲恋の演劇), but actually, ああいう doesn't refers to those kind of things there.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,539
I didn't say もの is wrong. I pointed out こと is also possible. ああいうもの is interpreted as 文化祭の出し物でするような演劇. (の is convenient since it can avoid this strictness.)