What's new

なる + から sentences

Dante17

先輩
3 Dec 2013
Hi there, I've made some sentences with なる and から and would like it if they could be marked please :)

1. My room is cleaned, because I cleaned it this morning.

2. I have become sleepy, because I did not sleep much last night.

3. I will become a teacher, because I like children.

My answers:

1. わたしはへやにそうじしましたから、きれいになりました。

2. きのうのよるはあまりねりませんでしたから、ねむたくなります。

3. こどもたちがすきですから、せんせいをなります。

Thanks!

1)
The particle に is wrong.
You missed "this morning".

2)
ねりません is wrong. Probably you mixed up ichidan verb ねる with godan verb ねむる.

3)
The particle を is wrong.

1. わたしはあさへやでそうじしましたから、きれいになりました。

2. きのうのよるはあまりねませんでしたから、ねむたくなります。

3. ( I believe I should simply omit を ?)

If you're doing something in a place, use で. 家ハンバーガーを食べた。 I ate hamburgers at home. Direct objects use を. If there is no preposition in English, chances are it uses を. Not every case, but often.

'Become' is a special verb. If you are showing a change into something, you should use に for the resulting noun-state, it is a directional marker of sorts. イチゴをジャムにしました。 that's a second sentence with a similar usage of に.

2 is fixed where Toritribe mentioned, but I would correct the second half as well. ねむたく means 'want to sleep' in the adverbial sense. ねむい means sleepy, so ねむく would be a more direct translation.

Toritribe is the expert though. If he corrects anything I've written, trust him over me.

Thanks very much for your input, I'll await Tori's response so I can make a good comparison :p

In addition to nahadef-san's explanation about で, を and に;

1)
あさ can be used, but けさ more clearly specifies that it refers to "this morning".

2)
ねむたくなります is correct. ねむたい is an adjective as the same meaning as ねむい, not the -tai form of ねる or ねむる. (They are ねたい and ねむりたい, respectively).

ねむたい【眠たい/睡たい】の意味 - 国語辞書 - goo辞書

2)
ねむたくなります is correct. ねむたい is an adjective as the same meaning as ねむい, not the -tai form of ねる or ねむる. (They are ねたい and ねむりたい, respectively).[/url]
So 眠く is incorrect?

ねむくなります is also correct. I just pointed out that ねむたくなります is not wrong since ねむたい doesn't mean "to want to sleep".

ねむたい is not the -tai form, as I wrote. That's a variation of ねむい. There is no implication of "want".

Ah! I missed the ねむりたい in your post, sorry. I forgot how to conjugate the type 2 る verbs.

Strange, my wife says ねむたい enough in Japanese, but just considered it a conjugation of ねむる. A danger of focusing on usage rather than grammar comprehension.

Does she ever use 重たい? 煙たい? くすぐったい?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom