What's new

なられる / ~まして? / やりすごす / 来るのこっち

Ratings
Hello,

1) 小学生にもなってゲームしてるの?もっと大人になられてはいかが?

Is なられる passive used for politeness?

The speaker is an elementary school girl. She comes from a wealthy family and she considers herself an adult. I guess she talks like this because that's how those in her house talk.

Sorry if it is obvious that it is for politeness, but I am a little unsure because she is quite inconsistent with this. A few pages later she says みんなもオトナになられてはいかが?, but right after she tells the same boy ゲームはやめてはいかが?(I'd expect her to use the passive again).

2)あなたしってまして?オトナはみんな日焼け止めをぬってるのよ?
The same girl, talking to the same boy. I assume she is saying あなた、知っていまして? but why is the て form used? My guess is that it's a polite form that can only be used when asking something.

3) 母さんが来たら自由に動けないだろ!くそ、どーやって母さんをやりすごそうか・・・
A kid found out that his mother is coming to get him home and now he is thinking that phrase.

What does やりすごす mean here?

4)工事を中止させた方がいいのか・・・でも中止させるに も、子供が何言ってもなぁ・・・
Is でも中止させるにも equivalent to でも中止させたくても here?

5)お兄ちゃん、来るのこっちでよかったの・・・?おじいさんを止めるなら、工事現場へ行った方 がいいんじゃない?
Is 来るのこっちでよかったの equivalent to こっちに来てよかったの?
This seems similar to the number 3 from last time: https://jref.com/forum/learning-jap...%82%E7%82%B5%82%A2-%95%AA-55269/#.VBSgmvmSyQA

But why is の used after 来る. If 来る modifies こっち, then isn't 来るこっち the correct form? Although it's true that 来るのこっち sounds more familiar to my ear.

Toritoribe

松葉解禁
Staff member
Ratings
2 1,538
1)
Yes, that's honorific.

2)
That's a courtly women's dialect. As you guessed, the -te form of です, ます or honorific forms are used at the end of a yes-no question instead of か.
e.g.
知ってまして? = 知ってますか?
ご存知でして? = ご存知ですか?
もうお召し上がりになって? = もう食べましたか?

3)
窶堙「窶堙ィ窶堋キ窶堋イ窶堋キツ【ナ陳ュ窶堙ィ窶ーテ溪?堋イ窶堋キツ】窶堙娯?ーpナ津ェツ・窶ーp窶禿ウ - ヒ彗窶ーpナスツォツ鞘? - gooナスツォツ鞘?麓/url]

In that case, it means "to manage the situation to stay here, not go home".

4)
中止させるにしても / 中止させようとしても / 中止させようと思っても

5)
来るのこっちでよかったの makes sense? This の is a pronoun, "direction" in this case, i.e., she said 来る方向はこっちでよかったの.