What's new

どういった ・ もう ・ あっという間に~てきた ・ っていう

raikado

先輩
29 Oct 2012
Hello,

1) a)ま・・・あのコのコトだから どうせまたくだらない理由で摂取を控えてたのかもしれないけど・・・その部分についてはどういった見識をお持ちかしら? ボイル教授
She is talking about a zombie girl who didn't take her "medication" properly.
Is this どういった more general than どういう and equivalent to どのような?

b)そういった"通例"がお好きじゃなかったみたいだけどー
The speaker is telling a story about her husband in his youth. Every year, his family would hold a sword fighting competition, and there was this tradition, that he would always win, so his opponents would go easy on him. Every time he saw that someone wasn't fighting him seriously he would get mad.
Is そういった similar to the どういった above, or is the past used here just because this is a story happening in the past?

2) もう私かたつむりさんも自由に触れるようになったんでね
The speaker is a girl who was raised in a very strict way, so she wasn't allowed to go outside. Due to some circumstances, she goes to live with someone else and after 2 or 3 days she finally goes outside, and says that sentence.
Does もう mean "already" here? As in..."I've never been allowed to touch a snail, but after moving out, in such a short time, I've already become able to touch one."

3) あっという間に体中に回ってきた
The speaker was injected with some poison, and he says that sentence as he is losing consciousness.
The translation given for this is "It completely spread through my body in an instant", but isn't "It started to spread through my body in an instant" the better one?
More exactly, what I understand is that this sentence doesn't state at all if the poison completely spread or not. あっという間に refers to the time between being injected with the poison, and the poison starting to spread through the body. And as the speaker says that sentence, the poison is still spreading.

4) あらあら そんなトコに逃げ込んじゃって後先考えてるのかしら
The speaker says this about a person who jumped into a well to hide from someone.
I'm not sure I understand correctly what she means with this. Does this translate to "I wonder if she ran away in that kind of place and is now thinking of the consequences." >>> "Oh my, I wonder if she is thinking of the consequences of running away in that kind of place."

5) スリリングでいいじゃねーの
ゾンビマニアとしては ギリギリ食べられないようにしながら一緒に暮らすっていう
He is saying this to a zombie girl who ran away from home because she was afraid she would eat him. He is trying to convince her to come back.
Is this just inversion? So the whole sentence should be ゾンビマニアとしては ギリギリ食べられないようにしながら一緒に暮らすっていうスリリングでいいじゃねーの? (I am asking this hoping it's not "that" っていう)

1) a)
どういう is more general than どういった since どういった can't be used for idiomatic usages such like どういうこと?どういう意味?
どのような is the polite version of どんな.

b)
The same as the above. そういう can be used there.

2)
Yes.

3)
回ってきた is a state between 回り始めた "It started to spread" and 回った "It completely spread".

4)
The -te form is not used to connect two clauses; 逃げ込んじゃって and then 考えてる (at the place). That's more likely two sentences; あらあらそんなトコに逃げ込んじゃって(どうするつもりなの?)後先考えてるのかしら? Or, そんなトコに逃げ込んじゃうなんて、後先考えてるのかしら makes more sense?

5)
Yes, that's an inversion.
ゾンビマニアとしては、ギリギリ食べられないようにしながら一緒に暮らすっていうのもスリリングでいいじゃねーの

1) a) Sorry. I should have explained better what I was talking about. I meant to ask if どういった refers to a wider range of things than どういう. That's what I understood from this explanation of it
「そういう」は、「そのようなもの自体」を指します。
「そういったもの」は、「そのようなものに似ているもの」も含みます。

「そういう点につきましては、お答えしかねます」の場合、「そういう点」の内容はひとつのみです。
対象が絞られています。
「そういった点につきましては、お答えしかねます」の場合、「そういう点」と類似の点も含まれます。
「そういうことをはじめとして、それに近いような点も含めて、お答えしかねます」といったニュアンスになると思います。
「そういう」が直裁に対象を指すのに対して、「そういった」は婉曲な表現と言うこともできます。
「お答えしかねる点」を敢えて明確に表現したくないような場合にも使われるように思います。

ミニスカートの女子学生に対して、
「そういうスカートを学校に穿いてきてはいけない」と言う場合、「ミニスカートを穿いてきてはいけない」という意味。
「そういったスカートを学校に穿いてきてはいけない」と言う場合、「ミニスカートや、極端なロングスカートなど、校則に反するようなスカートを穿いてきてはいけない」という意味を含ませることができると思います。
「そういったスカート」の場合、「ミニスカート自体」を直裁的に指していることにはなりません。
そのため、ミニスカート自体を禁止する場合であっても、婉曲的な表現で、それを伝えることができるでしょう。
{そういった}の使い方は何ですか? - OKWAVE
So そういう = "that",
and そういった = "that kind of" = そのような?
And then, if it could be replaced with どのような.

b) Here, is it the same そういった described above or is the past used because that tradition doesn't exist anymore, but it did in the past?
For example, this how I think these two sentences differ
子供の頃はそういう飴が好きだった。>>> "I used to love that candy when I was a kid.". This one implies that the candy still exists today.
子供の頃はそういった飴が好きだった。>>> This one implies that that type of candy doesn't exist anymore.

2) I see. Thanks!

3) So it hasn't reached the 回った state yet. And あっという間に represents the time period between being injected and 回り始めた, right?

4) I see. That's how it was translated as well, but I thought it was a mistake, since they aren't that uncommon. And the sentence was in a single speech bubble as well.

5) Thank you! By the way, is what I wrote, ゾンビマニアとしては ギリギリ食べられないようにしながら一緒に暮らすっていうスリリングでいいじゃねーの, wrong or does it just sound weird?
I thought it meant "As a zombie maniac, thrill like [living together while trying to barely not be eaten] is good". With っていう defining the type of スリリング.

1)
I don't agree with the given explanation in the site you linked. そういう and そういった have the same meaning in the example sentence. When referring to the specific skirt she is wearing now, そんなスカート is used.

Similarly, そういう and そういった are interchangeable in your example whether the candy still exists now or not.

3)
あっという間 refers to the period between being injected and 回ってきた.

5)
That's wrong. Grammatically, it should be 暮らすっていうスリリングさがいい(ん)じゃねーの. The meaning is a bit different, though.

1) a) So, is there any difference between そういう and そういった? And if yes, then what is it?
I really expected that explanation to be right. After all, doesn't the いった in そういった come from this といった? と言った(といった)の意味 - goo国語辞書

3) Umm, so if the time period would be longer...let's say 5 minutes, then 5分間に体中に回ってきた would mean that 回り始めた happened sometime during those 5 minutes, and it has been spreading ever since ?

5) I thought it could also be used as a noun. Thank you!

1)
I already gave you my answer.
Those would be from the same usage of いう/いった.

3)
5分間体中に回ってきた is unusual or probably invalid since 回ってきた refers to a phase in a on-going situation. 5分間で体中に回りきった is valid. Anyway, 回り始めた shows the starting point of the 5 minutes, not "sometime during those 5 minutes".

1) a) I know you said that in the examples that I gave they are similar, but I was asking if そういう and そういった are always the same.
Those would be from the same usage of いう/いった.
Please don't get upset but I seem to have misunderstood your answer...again, sorry. Here you are agreeing that そういう・そういった are like いう・いった, but you also said that you don't agree with the explanation in the link I gave.
I don't agree with the given explanation in the site you linked. そういう and そういった have the same meaning in the example sentence. When referring to the specific skirt she is wearing now, そんなスカート is used.
. But, isn't the explanation in that link basically saying that そういう・そういった are like いう・いった?

b) I am leaving b) for later, since I would really like to understand a) first.

3) I see. So it is wrong to say it like I wanted to after all.

You are talking about "b そういう/そういった", not "a どういう/どういった", right?;)

It seems that I only read the last half of the second answer in the page you linked, sorry. The first half of the explanation would be correct. When used with words that express general ideas such like こと, 意味 or わけ, そういった can have broard meanings than そういう, and therefore can be used as an euphemism. However, this can't be applied to the words that refer to specific objects such like skirt in the example.I don't think そういう and そういった are different in these cases, as I wrote.

という vs といった is a different story, since という has very wide meanings comparing to といった as a set phrase.

You are talking about "b そういう/そういった", not "a どういう/どういった", right?;)
Not really "b そういう/そういった", but the そういう/そういった from that link.

Initially, I thought that the explanation I linked was completely right, and I asked if どういう/どういった acts similarly (I used an explanation of そういう/そういった because I couldn't find one for どういう/どういった). But you said that explanation of そういった was wrong so then I focused only on that.

In the 1) b) case, I was asking if そういった is used there with the meaning from that link, or if it was past because she was telling a story. And here too, after you said the explanation from the link was wrong, I thought I didn't even understand そういう/そういった, so I wanted to focus on that first. Now I understand that it is the same そういった. And そういう is interchangeable with そういった in the b) case.

a ) Now that the part with that link is clear, I assume どういった acts in the same way as そういった. Therefore, when she says その部分についてはどういった見識をお持ちかしら?, she doesn't expect the professor to give a very detailed answer, but just a general idea of what is going to happen, right?

The meaning/What she wanted to be explained is the same among どういう, どういった, どんな and どのような. The difference is just the nuance of politeness/euphemism.

The difference is just the nuance of politeness/euphemism.
どういった is more polite than どういう, or is it the other way around? (I guess the former)

I've got one last question about そういった/そういう when used with specific objects. You said that you don't see any difference when used with specific objects, but until now, in the examples there was only one item being stated. What about when we list more than one?
Basically, is this explanation right when we refer to more than one object? 「こういった」「こういう」は何が違いますか。また使い方の違いなどがありましたら教えてください。例)ケーキやチョコレート、私はこういった... - Yahoo!知恵袋

As for the example sentence, yes, that's the former; どういった sounds a bit more polite than どういう.

I don't think the one chosen as the best answer is correct. こういう and こういった both modify 甘いもの, and the meaning is the same in either cases. こういう is acceptable, but I think こういった is more commonly used when listing examples. You can't use こんな here.

Back
Top Bottom