What's new

おにぎらず作ろう!

nekojita

先輩
14 Jan 2009
So, I'm guessing most people know what おにぎり (onigiri) is. おにぎらず (onigirazu) is a recent trend which is similar but without the forming them by hand part (hence "~zu").

It's basically square of nori + rice + filling of choice + more rice + fold nori in. (see images). Cut them in half and they're like little sandwiches.

I'm just happy that for once there's a food trend I can manage (ingredients available in the UK, not insanely complicated to make. Hurrah!).

I have to admit that I have never heard of this culinary trend. Looks delicious, certainly healthier than your average mayo sandwich and fairly easy to prepare.

Spam-nigiri anyone? @Uncle Frank perhaps?

image.jpg

I think these things have only been around for a few months (at least, under this name) - I only notice when suddenly everyone on cookpad is making a million variants the same stuff.

Healthy? Don't worry, you can still put fried stuff and mayo in! ;)

90% of what I eat is junk. Candy & soda have taken all but 8 teeth and they are due to be pulled this spring. My wife attempts to get me to eat healthy and I am better then in my youth. As a child , we ate Spam often. It was very popular after WWII , but I have not had any since the 60's. I just started to try rice about 10 years ago , but need to drown it in gravy to get it down. Why my diet has not killed me yet I just don't know.

Didnt know about it, my mother in law makes some delicious いなりずし, maybe I can get her to try some , or try them myself at home, just need to find some nori though

Back
Top Bottom