What's new

こんにちは (konnichiwa)

Zeshen

Registered
29 Jan 2015
はじめまして。フェデリコです。わたしはイタリアしゅっしんです。マンチェスタ一だいがくのがくせいです。いまいちねんせいです。せんこうはばいたいぎじゅつとにほんごです。はたちです。よろしくおねがいします。げんきですか。

Hello how you doing! I'm Federico. I am from Italy and I'm actually studying at Manchester University (UK). My course is Media Technology and CGI and Japanese as extra. I'm 20 years old. Nice to meet you guys!

ようこそ!

Note: こんにちは. You have to be careful about typing because "nni" will turn into "んい" not "んに". You can use, e.g. "n'ni" or "nnni".

Also, don't use kanji - 今日は is more normally read きょうは

ようこそ!

Note: こんにちは. You have to be careful about typing because "nni" will turn into "んい" not "んに". You can use, e.g. "n'ni" or "nnni".

Also, don't use kanji - 今日は is more normally read きょうは
Ahh thanks for the advice! My Japanese tutor had touched on it last lesson so I thought that I'd give it a spin. I knew it had the other saying but I suppose it comes down to context really. I'll keep it in mind for next time ありがとうございます

ようこそ!

Thanks you for the correction :) Can't I edit the thread to correct the mistake? I'm not seeing any "edit" button...

Do you see the option at the top under "Thread Tools"? (I just did it anyway, in case not).

Other fun little IME tricks: you can do symbols!
はーと and press space gives you symbols ♥❦ etc.
おんぷ gives ♪ ♫
やじるし gives → ↑ etc.
どうぶつ on my IME returns (=^・^=)
hours of fun! (okay, minutes).

Even in romaji (due to lack of an IME), I've seen Japanese writing "konnnichiha" with three n's :)

ばいたいぎじゅつ

Hello Frederico/Zeshen, welcome to JREF. I think "media technology" is probably better left as katakana メディアテクノロジー or some variation of メディア情報技術. To my (non-native) ear, ばいたいぎじゅつ sounds like the science of manufacturing data storage media (CDs, DVDs, BlueRay discs) rather than the study of technology in mass media.

I think "media technology" is probably better left as katakana メディアテクノロジー or some variation of メディア情報技術. To my (non-native) ear, ばいたいぎじゅつ sounds like the science of manufacturing data storage media (CDs, DVDs, BlueRay discs) rather than the study of technology in mass media.

I actually also asked a Japanese friend of mine and she told me that maybe is better to use ばいたいきじゅつ ⇨ ぎじゅつ so just ぎじゅつ instead of ばいたいきじゅつ but I don't know if she meant something like "Just write technology as subject you are studying" meaning that she didn't understand that I meant "Media Technology" but just "technology studies/computer studies" in general. I used Google translator for that media technology thing to be honest and it gave me that ばいたいきじゅつ even though I know I should never trust Google translator lol.
Anyway with Media Technology and CGI I mean (well that's the course's name) 3D modelling and animation, visual effects for videos and movies, and some general knowledge about media technologies such basic web languages (HTML5, CSS3), media development, post production etc. but above all what I do is CGI (Computer Generated Imagery) so 3D modelling and animation and the overall thing is called actually "Media Technology and CGI". If anyone can maybe tell me the most correct and equivalent word for this kind of subject in Japanese I'll really appreciate that so I can maybe use it in the future when talking Japanese xD

Thank you for all the advice anyway ;)

Back
Top Bottom